Tuesday 4th April, 9.30am-11.30am
Speaker: Lesley Beattie on Spring Clean your Life & Business
Well it’s that time of year again when our thoughts turn to spring cleaning… Do we know why we spring clean? What benefits do we feel we can get from it?
- Open the windows and let the new energy in
- Get rid of the feeling of having been cooped up over the winter…
- Let the light in
- New beginnings….new life…time to be creative again.
- Get clean
- Get tidy
- Time for the new
- Head above the parapet again!
- Get ready to start again
What difference does all of this make to the way that we feel?
- We have more energy
- Feel more creative
- Lighter…less bogged down
- Ready for the off
- Just ready in general!
What difference could a spring clean make to our business?
What could we do by way of a spring clean in our businesses? What would the benefits be?
- Spring clean our computer
- Sort files out, delete anything no longer relevant or needed
- Know exactly what we’ve got, so that we can make use of all the info, documents that we’ve got on there
- Know exactly where to find things that we need…no wasting time trying to find them
- Less frustration
- More streamlined
- Feel more serious and more professional in our businesses as if we are taking them seriously
- Stops us getting distracted and so wasting time.
- Feeling of space in our heads..in control, so room to be more creative…not bogged down with the little things but seeing the big picture instead.
- Clear out any old paperwork if we still work with paper.
- Get rid of any defunct business cards or contact numbers written on scraps of paper that we can’t remember who they are for now! Get rid of the old and the defunct and make space for the new coming in. Keep what’s relevant to us now.
- Look at any posters or sayings on our walls…do they still apply to us and what we’re aiming to achieve.
- Look at the pictures too..if we have any…what mood are they reflecting? Crying single women? Storm clouds? Rainbows? Flowers dancing in a sunny meadow? Gorgeous shoes?
- Do they still reflect our beliefs and do they still serve us in our quest for being amazing?
- Take a good look at our working space…
What have we just been putting up with that it’s now time to change?…. Chair? Desk? Shelf space?
What is our storage like? Is it enough? Is it well used? Do we need to change it in some way?
Is our space aesthetically pleasing and fit for purpose? Does it support us in our businesses?
What would we like to change?
Now is the time to do it so nothing stands in our way of being the best we can be and showing up to the best of our abilities in our lives.